Monday, March 21, 2011

What A Weekend!

Happy Hellos!!!

What a weekend! What a great weekend! This weekend was a weekend of new beginnings. Friday commenced our wonderful blog hop and Sunday was the beginning of a new season---Spring. I'm sure a lot of wonderful first took place in between. Although the weekend has come to an end, National Craft Month continues and we're one day closer to the second edition of E:spire Magazine.

As I began to think about the type of card I wanted to share with you, I was led back to a floral design. Only this floral card differs from the card many of you saw during the blog hop. I pulled out one of my favorite stamps, Flowers & Swirls from Hero Arts and began to create. It's a perfect cluster of flowers to celebrate the season, Mother's Day or a birthday.

With a SU die, cut a piece of craft paper, stamp the image on both the craft die cut paper and white paper; color both images with desired markers (I used Copic markers.); distress the edge of the die cut paper with Tim Holtz's distressing ink; spritz with desire glimmer mist; apply to hold punches to the bottom center of the craft paper and insert ribbon; cut selected flowers from the white card stock; apply dimensionals and place on top of the craft image stamp; add a little bling and gel ink; using dimensionals place the craft die cut onto the burlap and adhere to the colored cardstock; and you're done.

Now that you know what I have done, that leads me to my question for you. There are stamp companies I simply L.O.V.E. I love Hero Arts, Waltzing Mouse, Impression Obsession, PaperTrey, The Artful Stamper, Verve Stamps, and Flourishes just to name a few.  When it comes to stamping what's the stamp company you wouldn't want to live without?


Peace & Blessings,

Lorie

8 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to live with out Papertrey Ink. They have so many stamps that fit my style and the paper and ink is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I'm not really a stamper so I don't have a fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stamping & card, love the colors! I'm learning to love stamping more and am using my stamps more but not sure I have a clear favorite right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the purple. One of my fav stamp companies is Our Daily Bread Designs. They make wonderful scripture stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lorie. I think I have more Stampin' Up (SU) stamps than any other brand. I do have a couple sets of Papertrey and think Nicole Hardy has done a fantastic job with that company. But at the same time I'll pick up a $1 stamp in a heart beat if I like the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tena: Before you kno it you'll have a favorite. It'll be something (i.e. images, the rubber, etc.) about that product you like best.

    Gemiel: I've been eyeing Our Daily Bread. I may have to give them a try.

    Janet: I too have lots of SU and dollar stamps that I simply love.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...