Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Photoshop Fun! Color Isolation

Have you ever wondered how graphic artists and photographers achieve some of those interesting photo effects? In this image I wanted to highlight the taxi, so I used a color isolating technique to make the rest of the image black & white and leave the taxi in full color.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to isolate color on a photograph in Photoshop. It is a simple technique that can have a really big impact.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
Step 6


The tutorial was created using Photoshop CS5, but the technique will work with most layer based image editing software. Give it a try and let us know how it turned out!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Aysha, I've always wanted to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too! I'm not a digi-scrapper, but I am up for having fun with my photos. This is an excellent tutorial. Thanks, Aysha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to know how to do this. Now I just need a Mac version of Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank so much for this. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first learned this technique a year ago I went crazy doing it on everything!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh...it's good to reminded that I can do so many cool things with my photos..now to find the time! LOL! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial Aysha, thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I don’t have Photoshop CS5, but as I learn new things to do with it I may become motivated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...