Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

I hope that you are enjoying this 4th of July. The 4th is such a great time to watch fireworks, parades, and enjoy cookouts with family and friends. In our latest issue of Scraps of Color, you will find 4th of July ideas on page 22, 42, and 43. These ideas were created by the SOC Design Team to inspire your creative juices.

In honor of the 4th I created this little card. What I loved most about it was the use of my Grand Calibur dies to create the card base and additional layers. This card was so much fun to make. The unique shaped card enhanced the complete design.





4th of July Card by Karen Jiles. Supplies-Patterned Paper & Chipboard: Bo Bunny; Cardstock: Close To My Heart; Die: Spellbinders (Grand); Crystals: Prima; Ink: Copic Marker and Vintage Photo; Tool: Air Compressor.

As shared earlier in this post, I used a Grand Calibur Die by Spellbinders to create the card base. I left the card base in the Die and airbrushed the card. This enabled me to keep an outer trim around the card. I then cut additional layers using the nesting dies and added chipboard and crystals. I added Vintage photo ink to the edges to distress the embellishments and layers a little.

How will you celebrate your 4th of July? Any creative plans using 4th of July as a theme?



Please share.

Hugs, Karen

4 comments:

  1. Nice card, love the shape...Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th to you too Karen, fabulous card, love the layers & shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I just got that Bo Bunny line -- had to have it and your card is great inspiration. We've had a pretty low-key 4th of July -- burgers on the grill and watching fireworks tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!!! The cookout was great today and we had a little rain too. The rain is now gone and we are waiting on the fireworks to begin...:) Enjoy your evening. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...