Thursday, August 18, 2011

Make a Splash!

Hey everybody, Barb here.  I can’t believe that we are already looking at Summer’s end. I know everyone is getting busy again with Back to School activities and adjusting to new schedules and routines…but before all the summer toys, swim suits and flip flops are packed away, I wanted to share one more summer- themed layout with all of you. I created a QUICK and EASY layout to showcase some fun pool-time photos.

click to enlarge

Make a Splash! by Barbara Walker.  Supplies – Digital Kit: Sandbox-Shabby Princess; Alphas: Barefoot-Shabby Princess; Word Art-Digital Scrapbook Place

I chose not to use patterned paper on this layout, because I really wanted to focus on the photos. So I used color to convey my theme. I used shades of pale orange and yellow for the heat of the summer sun. And I used different shades of blue to give the layout a cool feeling and to really put the viewer in the mood for some water fun! The water splash embellishments tie everything together and pull the viewer right into the action! Also, narrowing down my paper choices allowed me to create this layout very quickly. And since we are all so busy, quick layouts can help us get several layouts completed in a short amount of time. I know you’ve got some pictures sitting in a box or stored in your computer…why not take a moment to create a QUICK and EASY layout using colors to convey your theme. Then leave a comment for us, with a link to your project, we would love to see it!

Remember, scrap booking is about sharing memories thru photos and journaling. Years from now it's not going to matter what digital kit you used or if you used patterned paper or not, so don't let your creativity become hindered by those things. Pull out those photos and get them scrapped so you can share them with your family and friends.

Go on now...go create something beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Great layout, love the fun photos & the splash effect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...