Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fun and Festive Pocket Card


Hey Everybody, Barb here! Christmas really is just around the corner and if you’re planning to give gift cards, then this post is for you. I give gift cards all the time, but I don’t like using the standard envelopes that come with the gift card. I like to make my own. While browsing on the Internet, I came across a really cute way to present a gift card. And that is what I want to share with all of you. I’m also giving you a little sneak peek at one of the fun patterned papers from our generous sponsor Signify Pink. Isn’t it cute? I have another gift card holder featured in the upcoming issue of E:Spire magazine...watch for it!


Click to enlarge.
supplies-
patterned paper: Merry & Bright (Glimpses, Signify Pink)
card stock: Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)  Fresh Asparagus (GinaK Designs)
stamps: Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black  Olive (Close to my Heart) Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
other: Apple Red Glitteritz glitter, Essentials Glue Pad, Copic markers, Sakura Stardust glitter pen, gold cord


And on the inside there is a pocket to hold the gift card.


These were fun and easy to make. Just a simple card base that can be used in many ways; for birthdays, weddings, graduation, you make the base and then decorate to suit your needs. I wanted to show you how to create your own. Soooo...


Gather these basic supplies and watch the video!

·         one 8 ½ x 11 sheet of card stock
·         scoring board- Martha Stewart, Scor-Pal or ScorBuddy
·         bone folder
·         adhesive







There are a lot of tutorials and videos on the Internet that give step by step instructions for everything from creating hand-crafted gift card holders, to learning how to digital scrapbook. Use your favorite search engine and explore! If you find something interesting, make it and then post your link in the comment area…we would love to see your artwork.

I know this is a busy time of year, but even with all the hustle and bustle, don't lose sight of what is really important...spending time with your family and friends. And if by chance, you can sneak in a little crafting time...

Create something beautiful!

Merry Christmas!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, You did a fantastic job!! I love the paper... thanks for the instructions and Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and cute paper, tfs the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the different styles...I must put this on my 'to do' list to use for any gift giving occasion!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...