Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year, New Skills

Hope everyone's New Year is off to a creative and exciting start. The start of the New Year brings so many opportunities for change and growth. Many of us make goals or resolutions to to get healthy, save money, or to end bad habits. All of these types of resolutions are awesome, but don't forget about your crafty goals, too!

Well, I have several crafty goals for 2012 and one of them is to try new things and learn new techniques so that I continue to grow my skills and learn new ones. While flipping through the current issue of Scraps of Color E:spire I was reminded to take the opportunity to work on my goal of implementing digital elements into my crafting and also that I really want to take some Copic marker classes ( I have never used them). When I flipped to page 11 and saw the cool digital stamps that Robert Jackson shared with us, I knew I had to try them out! So I made a quick and easy birthday card for my son who will be 10 on Sunday! Since, I'm not so great at coloring images I printed the image out on kraft and just added a few pops of color. I really like how the image looks on the kraft and will be using this technique many more times. Oh, on a side note...have you seen some of the cool kraft based sheets of patterned paper lately? I think it's a great trend! What do you think?

So what are your crafty goals for 2012? What are some new techniques or products that you would like to try this year? If you have not already done so, please go and download your free copy of Scraps of Color E:spire today and find something that inspires you to meet your 2012 crafty goals! Cheers to a happy and crafty year!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely like Kraft paper! Haven't thought of any goals yet other than cleaning my craft room and that may take Gil summer! ROFL!! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, no craft resolutions just to continue my quest for better organization! So much to do and so little time, tfs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...