Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Hello Everybody, Barb here. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I’m curious to know how many of you will be celebrating this holiday and what you do to celebrate it? My family and I always celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with an Irish-themed meal. Typically, it will be corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. I decorate the house, just as I would for any other holiday and play Celtic music. This is one of our Traditions. Something we’ve come to look forward to each year. Take a look at a layout from one of our St. Patty’s Day dinners.


Digital Kit:Kiss Me-Samara Gugler.DateIt:Meryl Bartho@DSP.GlitterStyle:Flergs.Shamrocks:Simply Sarah.WordArt:Ellie Lash.Font:Segoe Print.


I was able to pull this layout together super speedy, because I pre-made the page. Yeah. Think about it. When we scrap book the ‘traditional’ way, with paper and glue, we put together ‘page kits’ to help us complete our pages quickly. (Tiare has a wonderful video on how to put together a traditional page kit HERE.) Sooo, why not put together a layout kit or pre-make a page, when we digital scrap book?  It’s really very simple.  For my St. Pat’s Day layout, I knew I was going to use green and I knew I wanted to use a St. Patrick’s Day digital kit.  I designed a layout, and using the papers and embellishments from the kit, I put together the page. At the time, I had no photos for the page. I left those areas empty and once the day was over, I was able to just drop those photos into place and my page was done the same day! I have done the same thing with Christmas and Halloween. I even did this with my Dad’s wedding album because I knew their color palette.  I find that pre-making my digital layouts helps me get my pages completed quickly, which means they go into an album quicker so my family can enjoy the memories and relive the event.
Pre-making my pages also allows me to design my page in a relaxed, stress free way. I can take my time. I can move things around, try different techniques, or find the perfect embellishment to accent my layout.  This is our hobby; it’s supposed to be fun and relaxing. I hope that you will give the pre-made digi layout a try. It really is a time-saver.

And to satisfy my curiosity, please leave me a comment and share what you do to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. It will be fun to see how we differ and how we are the same. Have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute layout. Love the green and clovers! No celebrating St. Patty's Day for us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...