Monday, June 25, 2012

Stamping On Canvas

Hello and Happy Monday. I have a really fun technique to share with you all today.. So I hope you enjoy and hopefully give it a try. 
As many of you may have seen and maybe even worked with  one of the newest trend in Stamping and Crafting is Mix Media and using Canvases  to create Beautiful and  unique layouts and projects. A few weeks a go I saw this Great Tutorial for Stamping on Canvas. I thought it was cute and a great way to expand my creativity. Soo!! Today I wanted to show you how I took the general idea of that Tutorial and created  2 Tiles (Canvases) with some of my favorite Stamped images.

Ok So for today I am going to show you how I created the First one.. As for the Second one I made it a few weeks ago by  following what I learned in the Tutorial. 
 Here are the Main Supplies that I used for my layout.  I got a 4 pack of 4x4 Artist Canvases from Michael's.. The four pack was about 4 to 5 dollars.. But again use your 40% coupon. So I got them for less than $3.00. (Less than a dollar per canvas. and just the perfect size) Some Distress Ink, Glimmer Mist, and glue also a few other embellishments to finish off with.
First thing I did was to apply  a generous amount of "Gesso" Surface Prep.. You must prep your canvas with Gesso first before you stamp or color on it. I also got this brand from Michael's. I let it set dry for 24 hours and then I was ready to stamp on my canvas.
 I LOVE this image from Unity Stamp Co. I have soo many stamps from them, But just don't know a lot of different ways to create with them. ( I am learning and having fun at the same time though :0).. So as I was saying I fell in love with this stamp from the moment I saw it. I have two other sisters.. So to see a set of 3 ladies only reminded me of the 3 of us.. Don't the look as they are Cheering the good times. Now it could also represent 3 "bff's" But you get the idea. I Stamped my image directly on to the canvas.
 Here is what it looks like after I had stamped the "Sentiment" Which goes with another stamp set, But it was perfect for this image so I used it.. Then I sued a "Swirl" stamped and using just the corners I stamped the image all around. As I was going through my pictures. I said to my self, that it looks good enough to have stopped right here if I wanted to.
 Here is another view. I love it.
Before I even stamped my image on the canvas I knew I wanted to "paper piece all of their little outfit (remember I had a post not too long ago where I showed you how I did that).. So here are several Designed Paper (Scraps that I had used before) that I stamped the image on, I wanted each of them to have on a different color but still in the same color scheme. Once I did that I choose which dress or pants that I wanted them to have on and I just cut them out.
 Here is what it looks like when I was all finished. I used some Helmar  Premium Craft Glue as I did not know if my "Two way zig glue would work".. I then used some Tim Holtz  "Wild Honey" distress  Ink and inked up all around the edges. I finished off with some pearls and I was Done.
 I would say I did NO coloring, but that's Not really True, I used a few of my Sakura gel pen for their drinks, and purses. But that was it No colored pencils or any thing else was needed

 This is the Second one. Actually it's the First one that I did a few weeks ago.. I knew that I wanted to make one  for my Monthly post here on SOC.. so I wanted to play around a little with the Canvas and Gesso.. Again I really love it and it was Soo easy to do.
I Love this Verse and again had the Stamp, but just did Not Know what/ or how to use it. I added the flower stamp (Also from Unity Stamp Co) By stamping  on several DP,  then I cut them out and layered them to create this one. Butterfly stamp is from M.S. and small roses are from Michael's.
Here is another shot.. Ohh I almost forgot.. For this one I used "Glimmer Mist (colors as shown) and then just pat dry with a "paper towel" to get this "vintage kind of look".. Those Glimmer Mist also my M's. At a great Price.. Reg $4.99 on Sale for 2 for 5.. and the Red one  for $1.99.

As far as how to use them.. I think they would look great Hung on any wall., bedroom, office, or even bath rooms.. Again with a four pack you can crate something of a Mosaic.  I do hope you have enjoyed this little post that I put together.. and if I inspire you in any ways I would love to hear about it. Or if you have any questions or feedback, then please leave me a comment.

Hugs
Sharette

4 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, Sharette! I have some of these canvases in my closet; now I know I need some gesso before I get them going. I would have been going crazy trying to figure out what went wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like something I might try. I'm headed to Michael's today, so I will get the canvas and Gesso.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...