Monday, July 23, 2012

Praying Hands

This is my first post on Scraps of Color E:spire and I am very grateful for the opportunity to be part of the creative team.

The moment I saw this stamp, it was a must have for me.  It's great for making handmade cards for the sick and shut-in at my church or for anyone needing encouragement.  I used two techniques on this card, heat embossing and watercoloring.  I only embossed the praying hands and used dimensionals on each layer of the card for depth.  I watercolored the hands and the surrounding area of the watercolor paper.

Below is the list of supplies (with item numbers) used to make this card (all from Stampin' Up!).
STAMP SET:  Praying Hands (122043)
INK:  VersaMark Pad (102283), Early Expresso Classic Stampin' Pad (126974), Blush Blossom Stampin' Write Marker (100037)
PAPER:  Crumb Cake (120953), Early Expresso (119686) and Watercolor Paper (122959)
ACCESSORIES:  Early Expresso Embossing Powder (128980), Soft Suade (119805) and Bashful Blue (118802) Watercolor Wonder® Crayons, Aqua Painter (103954), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Heat Tool (129053)

I hope you find the time to make something uplifting for someone when you paper craft.

Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card using simple techniques that make such an impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, like the stamp image & techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the techniques used and that stamp!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...