Sunday, August 19, 2012

Try, Try & Try Again: You Go Girl!

Hello Everyone!

My daughter is vertically challenged and I would have to help her up the ladder so she can play on the slide. This particular day we were at the playground she was determined to do it by herself. I was so happy I could capture her victory (even though the pictures are not the greatest)! Looking at her that day made me realize life is full of risks. She could have fallen down and hurt herself. That was my worry, but obviously not hers. That was inspiration for this project!

Crafting can be risky too. You can have a project failure or a project success. I used wood grain paper and different pattern papers which is something that would have frightened me a year ago. Honestly, I had to try, try, and try again before I was satisfied with this layout. Considering this layout is not “my style” I would put this in the success pile!

The papers came from different stacks by DCWV. I hand cut the different pattern papers to mimic the waves in the slide. The doily is from the WRMK Lucky 8 Tattered Doily Punch. I cut the slide from the Playground Equipment digital cartridge on Cricut Craft Room which doubled as the journaling spot. The title was cut on the Silhouette. The flowers are I Am Roses and the butterflies were made from a punch by Martha Stewart.

What crafting risks have you taken or do you want to take? Is it a new technique or papers you usually don’t use? Whatever your risk is, remember to try, try, and try again….you will succeed! Thanks for stopping by, Kenya~

4 comments:

  1. Awesome layout and great memory to cherish! I like the fact you used so many of your tools. That's what I'm trying to do more of. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page & post, like the wood grain & chalk pp for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we try, try and try again, we can come up with some really awesome stuff, can't we? Great layout! All of the elements work really well together.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...