Thursday, December 13, 2012

Handmade Cards for Everyone!



Listen to a conversation amongst paper crafters and eventually you will hear a declaration similar to, “I only give handmade cards to people that will appreciate it.”  This snobby sentiment is merely based on the fact that many paper crafters cannot bear to see their handicrafts treated like common dollar store greetings.  After all, a lot of time, care, adhesive and super cool embellies go into making these beautiful “works of art.”

To be honest, I agree with the statement.  However, I figured there must be a happy medium, a way to give lovely handmade cards to every on my list without the risk of offending my muse in the process.  This year for my Christmas cards I decided to challenge myself by seeing how far I could stretch a single piece of patterned paper.  I was able to create 10 cards with the following product list:

  • 1 Sheet of gift box patterned paper from DCWV (use a scissor to cut out each gift box)
  • 5 Sheets of 8.5 x 11 white cardstock (cut to 8.5x5.5 and fold to form the card base)
  • 1 Background Stamp
  • 1 Sentiment Stamp
  • 2 Ink Pads
  • Adhesive

Upgrade Options

  • Use dimensional foam adhesive to create depth.
  • Add a piece of cardstock inside the card for more stability

I think they came out pretty good and I didn’t spend a lot of time, money or product creating them.  What can you create using a similar technique?

5 comments:

  1. Such cute cards! I send about 60 cards! YIKES. Don't think I'll ever make them all but I do try to do 5-20 cards each year. I definitely keep it simple in design and supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, your cards came out great! Since I'm 'Queen of Simple' this works for me. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovelY and I definitely understand the statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it simple is the my theme this month. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...