Sunday, July 21, 2013

Collecting Memories

I love mason jars. No, I don't like to use them for  canning fruits or vegetables but I just like the look and structure of these amazing and practical jars.  So when I recently visited Pinterest I came across some artistic uses for these mason jars.  And you know me I love to alter things.  So, these mason jars are repurposed into memory jars that can hold your fondest memories.  My project this month was an easy one because as I said, I love mason jars and I also love to alter things.

For my project, I took a clean mason jar, added some minature pebbles to the bottom.  I then added my picture and closed the lid on my memory.lol. I added ribbon trim around the rim and on the top I layered various flowers and a contrasting beaded embellishment.  I used jute string around the rim and also some tea-stained tags complete with journaling, dates, etc. A silver heart dangles from the lid and I managed to use a rub-on that says"getaway".  For the bottom, the jar sits on a paper doily. Voila! Memories Collected!  So if you are looking for some ingenious ways to collect your memories why not try a memory jar.






11 comments:

  1. I just love to alter things also. But you rocked this jar. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...what a wonderful idea! I am on it! I have some mini jars around and see that as a quick, cool project to complete. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great altering idea, tfs...love what you did with your jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for your comments and I enjoy the creativity you share as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!! Love what you did here :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love what you did with the mason jar...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative and great gift idea, TFS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...