Friday, September 13, 2013

It Packs A Punch!

Happy Friday!!! This weekend could not come soon enough for me!  I intend to get lots of scrapbooking in.  I got an early start by creating this layout last night.  The pictures were taken while at a crop with friends, laughing, joking and off course a little scrapping.

My goal was to use a single tool to create most of the elements on my layout.  I decided to pull out an old paper punch by McGill Creativity (circa 2003?!).  The design is called “Mini Round Envelope” so I am guessing it is supposed to be used to create envelopes.  But, in my opinion the mini envelopes are so small I can’t imagine using them for anything.  When I purchased the punch, many moons ago, my plan was to use it to create my own flowers.


I randomly punched “flowers” out of a piece of craft cardstock.  The negative paper was used to create a unique background for my layout, while the positive punched out shapes were used to create a flower embellishment. 



So, what can you do with some of your older tools? How many ways can you put them to work on a single layout?

Supplies: AC "Ready Set Go" Paper Pack, October Afternoon "Woodland Park" Paper Pack, AC Thickers, Ranger Stickles

5 comments:

  1. How cool and creative is that!!! I'll have to check my inventory TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aysha, you got skillz!!!

    It never ceases to amaze me of the things you think of. I have to ask - creative genius or creative madness? Whichever one it is, you go girl!

    Great layout and idea for using our tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aysha, I agree with Lisa, you have a very creative mind, love the layered flower and how you used the negative paper as a background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the way you used the punch. Thanks for making me think about how to use my tools in other ways!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...