Saturday, October 19, 2013

With Sympathy

Hi Beautiful People,

Kenya here to share a simple project with you! I don't know about you, but I have a track record of buying scrappy products and not always using them or using them to the fullest. Today's project is using some of those unloved products! I hope you enjoy and that it will inspire you to pull out some of your "stash" as well!

As I was looking for something in the craft lab, I found some watercolor paper I picked up from the dollar spot at one of the local big box stores probably a year ago. I remembered I had some of Distress Markers and I had an idea. I also used my stamp/die combo that I used once before by Hero Arts and Sizzix.

When my father passed away, a scrappy friend of mine sent me a beautiful card. It had a watercolor effect on it and that was the inspiration for this card. I used various colors of the Distress Markers/Distress Inks and a water pen to add the scene effect. Watercolors can add a very subtle look to a project. Playing with watercolors can be fun and a great way to express yourself! I really like how this project turned out.

Share what's in your stash you forgot about or goes unloved? Kenya~

11 comments:

  1. that's really nice...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, way to use your stash; I think I have some of that paper in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Makes me want to pull out my distress markers and other supplies and get crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly a lovely card. I also have found watercoloring to be fun and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for the love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! love the watercolor effects. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very pretty! A beautiful sympathy card. Thank you for reminding me of what beautiful backgrounds I can make with my watercolor crayons, paints and markers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...