Saturday, February 1, 2014

Make it Meaningful 2: 1st Childhood Memory


Happy February.  Let's CREATE!
I am hostessing a yearlong challenge on SOC called Make it Meaningful.  This challenge is to create an album that tells your story...a meaningful story.  On the 1st and the 15 of each month a prompt will be issued.  The prompt from the 15th of January was your 1st Childhood Memory.
For this challenge I am using an alterable Prima album.  It has different types of pages in it and I decided to simply use the pages and alter.  It also, has precut/presized places for pictures and I am just going with the flow.  This is one of those spots.  My album will be sort of a mixed media/art journal affair.
Here is what I did to achieve this look
Start with a piece of Kraft Cardstock

I primed the paper with some Gesso.

Next, I painted using Hazelnut acrylic paint.

I then added a little bit of Art Anthology Dimensional Gel Paint. I used a thin brush to add
small bits of this paint.

To add a deeper brown I used, Chocolate Acrylic Paint. However, to keep it from being too dark I added water to dilute it a bit.

Here's how my background looks. So pretty.

Next, I stamped my title, a globe and a border using 3 different colors of
Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

Lastly, I added twine, a dog die cut( I cut with my Cricut) and my story. Tada! Love how this turned out. IT will go in to a two pocket, hence the cut.
Next challenge: February 1 - 15: Make it Meaningful #3: What is your first memory of your parents?
To play along, create your page and share it in our gallery!  We have a gallery in the forum and we have a great way to share your creations in our NEW Blog Gallery here on the SOC Blog.
Happy February!  Create daily!
Classygirl. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job with this, love the heat embossing & die cut

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way this turned out! You are quite the artist!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...