Friday, February 28, 2014

Using "Busy" Paper





Atlanta has had a strange winter this year!  Ice storm after ice storm.  Very cold and unusual, but I was thankful for those few snow days.

I took many, many snow day photos, and I’ve actually made a few other layouts already – gasp!  But this photo looking out of our back window one morning really stood out to me.  It’s not a lot of snow and it’s definitely not the best photo I’ve ever taken, but it has a nice “calmness” about it that’s really pretty.  So, I wanted to feature it on a layout.

I decided to use a sheet of patterned paper with lots of detailed design.  What I call “busy” paper.  I love it because when you use it, the layout almost completes itself.  The most difficult part of this was finding a spot for my photo where I didn’t cover up too much of the paper’s design.  

Here, all I did was add a title and used some foam adhesive dots to elevate a few card stock cutouts.  My one nod to “extra-ness” is the quadruple-matted photo!  It’s so simple, but makes me so happy. 



Snowed In by Moanica Caston.  Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned Paper and Cutouts: Fancy Pants;  Alphas: American Crafts Thickers.



Don’t be intimidated by that “busy” paper.  Find a good spot to put down a photo or two and let the paper do the work for you!

Moanica

7 comments:

  1. Cute LO...the paper adds so much to the photo...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Love the photo and the use of this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! I love the photo matting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice layout and the paper works perfectly with the photo. Thanks for the reminder that using "busy" paper might actually speed up the scrapbooking process for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moanica, this came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice layout. I love how you used the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...