Saturday, November 22, 2014

Understanding Online Workshops and Classes

Embrace Your Art 365 Banner
Since launching my latest set of workshops, I've had a couple a questions about how online workshops work.  I thought, it would be a great topic to share.  I thought sharing here was important since they are hosted on the SOC Community.

I'll share in question and answer format.  Keep in mind, this is true for Tiare Smith Designs and many others but be sure to read what others offer, they can and do vary.   Keep in mind, I am speaking of  mixed media, scrapbooking, art journaling online courses.

  • What is an online workshop/class?  Basically, it is a class delivered to you electronically, instead of face to face. 
  • How are lessons provided?  How do I get my lessons?:  Lessons are typically delivered via emails, pdf downloads and/or videos.   You will gain access to a classroom and/or private forum where the downloads are made available.  Sometimes, it may simply be a private page on a web site. 
  • Are the lessons detailed?:  Yes.  Videos most often provide the process/step-by-step instructions with a supporting pdf.  However, some instructors may provide more details in their pdfs with supporting video.  Either way, you will be provided the steps needed to learn the technique, skill or lesson being taught. 
  • Must I follow along at the time the class is offered?  What if I do not have the time to complete the lessons right away?:  Classes are typically self-paced, meaning you do the lessons as your schedule allows.  Furthermore, you can save the lessons for future reference.  They are yours to keep.  Some workshops run live but then access remains open after the live portion, so that everyone continues to have access to the classroom and information shared during the live portion. 
  • How long do I have access to the classroom?  The time varies with some giving lifetime access to a month after the live course ends to 6 months or a year.  Be sure to check with any courses you plan to take. 
  • Are these course appropriate for newbies?  ABSOLUTELY!  The detail provided is great for beginners or for those wishing to expand their knowledge or who need inspiration to create. 
  • Will I be provided with a list of supplies and must I buy them all?  Yes, you are provided with a list but NO you don't have to buy them all.  In my courses, I encourage people to use what they own and I give suggestions on doing so. 
  • What if I have questions or need assistance with a class or lesson?  Just ask.  I am available to answer your questions when you take courses provided by Tiare Smith Designs or hosted in my Scraps of Color Community. I hope that you have found this information helpful.  Please let me know if you have further questions and I'll do my best to answer or get the answers for you. I'd love to have you join me for one of my online workshops.  Here are 3 great opportunities to learn and create.

My Amazing 2015 Goddess Calendar Banner My Color is Beautiful Art Banner with sig Express Yourself Workshop Button       

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...