Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Make Your Own Ornaments

 We are in full blown Christmas prep here.  But even with the purchased gifts that we buy, I like to also include handmade ones.  To me, those really show how much you care for the recipients.  For my project today, I thought I would share a 3D ornament that I made as a gift for a friend.



I was really surprised at how easy this ornament was to make.  I originally saw this project on a pin from Pinterest.  I purchased the files that were used in the silhouette design store.  To start, select your papers and lay them out on your mat as needed for your design.  Cut everything out.



I chose to run all my small pieces through the xyron.  I highly recommend doing this as it made assembly so much easier.  I also chose to glitter my small parts.  I wanted to have some sparkly for the lights of the tree to bounce off of.  For this, I chose to use the Zig 2-way pen as I could make sure I got full, even coverage with glue before I started glittering.  I also left my small parts on the sheet from the xyron to help them stay in place and for easy cleanup.    




This project took only a few minutes to make and will make a nice addition to a purchased gift, or as a set for a lucky recipient.  Give these ornaments a try!   

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...