Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dad's Rock...Quick Masculine Father's Day Cards


Father's Day is quickly approaching. Have you made your cards? Looking for quick and simple card ideas? I created this cards fairly quick making a matted card front, cutting up a card front and adding a few stamped images. Follow along to see how these cards came together.

I used CTMH products. The ink colors are black, chocolate and juniper. The stamps sets are Hats Off, The Best Dad Ever and Perfect Fit Dad. I cut out the mustache using the CTMH Artiste cricut cart. 

 I used CTMH Jackson paper which is perfect for a masculine card. I put together 4 matted card fronts. I made an additional mat which I randomly cut into 4 pieces.

 I randomly placed the 4 pieces of the mat I cut on each individual card front. There was no rhyme or reason to this process.

 Once I had the pieces adhered to the card front I secured the card front to the A2 sized card base.

 Here is the card front attached to the card. I then had some fun stamping and embellishing the cards.

 I stamped the sentiment "You're the world's best day. It's true we checked". I embellished with a few sequins.
 I really like this stamp set. I stamped the image 3 times. On the card front I stamped in black. I wanted to add dimension to the image so I stamped the hat in juniper and the bow in chocolate. I fussy cut the pieces and popped them up with 3-D foam tape.

 On this card I focused on the mustache. I cut the mustache using the Artiste cricut cart and stamped it in black ink. I added the word "dad" using juniper ink. I added a few gold sequins to give it some flair.

Finally I stamped the "Hats off to you" sentiment which I thought was fitting. I cut the hat out from the previous stamp image in the 2nd card and tilted it to the side using 3-D foam tape. I added a few golden stud triangles to the bottom.

So simple, quick and masculine to meet your Father's Day needs. Have you made your cards yet? If so link your cards to your comment so I can check them out. I enjoy seeing the variety of card ideas.

Happy Crafting ~ Shalana

3 comments:

  1. Masculine cards can be a challenge, but this process is pretty cool and allows you to have four completed cards. Thanks for sharing Shalana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Father's Day cards! Thanks for sharing your process~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great masculine cards. I like the free-form mats. Those are cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...