Friday, May 6, 2011

National Scrapbooking Day...Share some Scrap!

Well, our special day is right around the corner! No, I'm not referring to Mother's Day, I'm talking about National Scrapbook Day (NSD)! Woohoo! I don't know about you, but I LOVE scrapbooking!!! I want to celebrate NSD by giving my best scrap friends a little something because I appreciate them and this wonderful hobby!


I went back and started looking at the amazing SOC April/May 2011 issue for inspiration! And I found it! One of this month's sponsors is Studio Calico http://www.studiocalico.com/and I have been a fan of this kit club for years! As I looked around my scrap space at my Studio Calico kits and other products I realized I wanted to share my 'scrap 'with my friends for NSD because like most scrappers I have more than enough to share!


I decided to gather a modge podge of items like chipboard pieces, rub-ons, buttons, and bling to make little mini embellishment bags for my friends. After re-reading Tena's article on fabric I decided to also make some handmade flowers. Oh, and the SOC inspiration didn't stop there because I learned some things about stamping from Lorie's stamping article too, so had to incorporate stamping on my project, as well. If you have not read every line of the SOC April/May issue, please go back and read it because it is jammed packed with inspiration!


Ok, so getting on to the project...Studio Calico kits come in a nice paper bag sealed with a sticker, so I decided to recreate this on a smaller scale by using a regular lunch sack and cutting about 3.5 inches off of the top. I used a Fiskars boarder punch to add detail to the opening of the bag and edged around the entire bag lightly with Walnut Stain Ranger Distress Ink. I then stamped the bottom of the bag with a Studio Calico exclusive stamp (November 2009).



I decided to add a tag to the front of the bag. I used a white medium sized tag as the base and misted it with Mister Huey's Sunshine. And in the spirit of NSD, I did something amazing.....I released my tight grip on Studio Calico State Fair collection (gasp- because I am a scrap junkie hoarder) and used the rub-on clouds, the chipboard alphas, and even opened up the cute little stamp set too! I reached deep into my stash for October Afternoon's Mini Market Stickers (Ledger) to add the date in the corner), and topped it off with a little twine from The Twinery (Pink Sorbet).





And to finish it all off I punched a couple of butterflies using Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe and added one to the front of the bag and the other to the back as a closure sticker! And now all I have left to do is continue going through my stash to find little treasures and make more fabric flowers to fill the bags! Can you believe the amount of inspiration that is at your fingertips with this issue of SOC? This quick little goody bag was inspired by the articles and even sponsors! I am looking forward to NSD and can't wait to share my scrap with my friends! How do you celebrate NSD! Do you celebrate with friends, crop at a LSS, participate in on-line crops, or do you grab a few minutes alone to scrapbook? Well, whatever you do, I hope that you have a happy, scrappy weekend!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...