Monday, May 16, 2011

Scrapbooking with Microsoft Word...

I'm not a digital scrapper but I love the look of digital pages, especially when mixing and matching fonts. In our current April/May issue of Scraps of Color, the Digi Den section, Camille did a great job with the Mother's Day digital sticker quote. I love the overlapping fonts and colors and wanted to use it on my layout, but not just by printing it out and pasting it on the page. I wanted it to have a more hybrid feel.

So since I'm not proficient in digital scrapbooking or all that proficient in using my PS Elements I used the software that I am proficient in...MS Word. Here's how I used the software and the digital sticker created by Camille:

1. I picked my photo and sized it.
2. Then I open a blank document in MS Word and inserted my photo.
3. After downloading and saving the digital sticker quote, I inserted and re-sized it in the same document with my photo.
4. Next I went to Format Picture, Layout and then clicked on the In Front Of Text box.

Now the digital sticker is on top of my photo, after positioning it in just the right spot my photo was ready for normal printing and to be placed on my layout.

Blessed by Tena Ellison. Supplies Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages; Cardstock: Bazzill; Digital Sticker: Camille Phillips; Die Cut Flower & Letters: Cricut; Cartridges: Tear Drop & Home Decor; Punch: Martha Stewart.

I know this may not be the "norm" for some scrappers but it works for me (for now) and it's just another way for me to be creative. So check out all the wonderful digital freebies in the magazine and don't be afraid to use them just because you're not a digital scrapper.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip Teena, I am just starting to get into digital stamps more and I am definitely more comfortable with MS Word than a lot of the other programs out there, it works for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tamika, I'm still working on learning more digital skills but in the mean time this works LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I will have to try this method soon because the results are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO, thanks for sharing how you use that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE your layout...it's just beautiful. and good for you trying 'hybrid'...you did an awesome job...looking forward to seeing more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep forgetting how useful MS Word is for creating things other than business or school related documents! Beautiful layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout and great tip.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...