Friday, July 29, 2011

Vacation Photos Made Easy

Can you believe we’re just days away from August? Hopefully, you’ve been taking wonderful summer and vacation photos. If you’re like me, you take a gazillion (yes, that’s a real word!) and then wonder how you’ll ever get your arms around getting them all scrapped. I want to share something that has worked well for me – use one line of papers and embellishments for the entire project!

Last fall, we had a wonderful opportunity to travel to London and Paris. It was fabulous, but I was overwhelmed just thinking about how I’d get the photos and stories down that I wanted to capture, let alone actually getting everything organized. Basic Grey’s “Wander” line to the rescue! It’s a travel-themed collection, but you could do this with any set of papers that makes you happy.



Of course, I added some cool travel 3-D stickers, but stayed with the Wander collection throughout the majority of this trip. Even for this page where I have lots of red, white & blue patriotic-themed paper in my stash that I could have used, I just kept rolling with the papers I had in the collection.

The key is to stick with the collection and whatever embellishments you pull. Do this up front and it makes it a less stressful process to match paper and photos. Now, you can focus on telling those great vacation stories! And isn't that the best part anyway?

5 comments:

  1. Moanica: I love all three layouts. You made them appear so simple to accomplish. I'll let you know how it works out for me the next time I scrap a page. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Moanica. Even though I saw these layouts when you did them, it was nice to see them again. Your tip is a great one.....using one line of paper for a project with a "gazillion" pictures really helps you narrow them down and keep the project cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Moanica. Even though I saw these layouts when you did them, it was nice to see them again. Your tip is a great one.....using one line of paper for a project with a "gazillion" pictures really helps you narrow them down and keep the project cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips & post Moanica, love seeing the layouts again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...