Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanks Giving


Hello everyone, Barb here. Can you believe we are standing on the threshold of Thanksgiving? I love this time of year. I love everything about it! The cool crisp weather, the scent of wood smoke fires in the evening, the beautiful Autumn sunsets, the distinctly Fall colors of pumpkin orange, faded green, rusty brown and butter yellow.
During this season of gratitude, why not send an ‘I am thankful for you’ card to the special people in your life. Not only would it be surprise, but it would also brighten someone’s day. I am a firm believer in telling people how they have influenced my life, or how much I appreciate them.  And what better way to spread a little love around than with a hand-crafted greeting card? 

Click to enlarge
Card Supplies: 
stamp sets: Holiday Best(Stampin’ Up!)
card stock: Vintage Cream(Papertrey Ink) Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango(Stampin' Up!) 
patterned paper: Traditions Floral Paisley(The Paper Studio)
ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink(Ranger)
accessories: Paisley embossing folder(Provo Craft), Filigree embossing powder(Papertrey Ink), Deckled Edge Rectangles(Spellbinders), ribbon(Memory Mare),Tiny Twinkles(Taylored Expressions)

 Creating “thankful for you” cards has become a tradition with me, something I work on all year. That way, I always have cards on hand when I need them. I know we all have our favorite holiday traditions…I am always curious about what everyone is doing. What is your most favorite Thanksgiving tradition?  Share with us!
My wish for each of you is that you have a warm, wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving. Enjoy your friends and family and of course the delicious food. Don’t forget to take lots of pictures, because we want to see your scrapbook pages later.

And make sure you carve out a little craft time to create something beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Yes Thanksgiving next week. Have you made your menu yet? I haven’t I better get it together before it’s too late. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! This is my favorite time of year as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...