Thursday, March 29, 2012

Winter’s Done!

As I have mentioned a time or two, I like (LOVE!) to shop for scrapbooking supplies. One of the ways I keep up with my purchases and stay inspired is to change what I use right along with the seasons. If it’s summer, I use vibrant, bright papers. True confession: I think every layout I did a few summers ago was Lime Rickey by Basic Grey! I fell in love with it and couldn’t move on. If it’s fall, I use a lot of the golden yellows, reds and browns we’re used to seeing that time of year. Now that I think about it, the change from summer to fall might have been the only thing that got me off of Lime Rickey. LOL!

With this post, I’m marking my official end of scrapping winter, cold weather photos. There were so many great collections this winter. One of my favorites was Winter Twig by Little Yellow Bicycle. I used it to highlight one of my favorite photos of me with my sisters. And I was able to use that heart punch I bought for Valentine’s Day.

Friends by Moanica Caston. Patterned Paper, Journaling Card, Layered Flowers: Little Yellow Bicycle; Cardstock: American Crafts; “Beautiful” flourish: KI Memories; White flower: Prima; Bling Center: Recollections; Alphas; American Crafts Thickers.

So, if you’re normally a chronological scrapper, try shifting your focus when the seasons change. I think you might be surprised at the jolt to your inspiration.


Happy Spring!
Moanica

3 comments:

  1. Great page, love the mix of pp's & the photo. Don't think I've notice but I tend to do the same with my paper choices for the seasons...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty layout. The hues of blue are so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is lovely! Great tip about using papers that are 'in season'...I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...