Friday, April 13, 2012

Can Pastels be Masculine?






















OK, so when I think of Spring I think of flowers, bunnies and pastel scrapbook paper. The only problem is that I typically do not use pastels in my layouts. But, being the risk-taker that I am, I decided to challenge myself.

So, my goal was to use pastel colors while achieving a layout that is more masculine than feminine. Here is what I did...
  • Used black paper to help ground the layout

  • Inked the edges with black ink to add a grungy feel to the layout

  • Avoided rounded corners and soft edges.
Tip: Geometric layouts with a focus on straight lines help to add a more masculine touch.

The Result: Well, I am not sure how masculine it turned out. But, I wouldn't exactly call it feminine either, more like unisex. I guess there is but so much to be done with pastel pink, lavender and baby blue paper.

How would you make a "boyish" layout with pastel paper?

3 comments:

  1. I think it turned out great, I don't usually use pastels much but love the tips you gave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout and the tips you gave are great. I think I would also stick with the darker pastel shades like the greens, blues and maybe purples for a masculine card and like you did anchor it with a brown, gray or black.

    Kelli
    favor8favors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a believer now. Love how you used the black to tone it down!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...