Sunday, April 15, 2012

Celebrate Fitness!

April is National African-American Women's Fitness Month.

"This national event, founded by Shelia Madison of Shelia Madison & Associates is designed to encourage health awareness through physical activity for African-American women. At your home and in your community find creative ways to make healthy activities a part of your daily schedule. The goal of the National African-American Women's Fitness Month is to increase awareness of the health risks associated with a sedentary lifestyle and promote the benefits of an active lifestyle."

So to help celebrate NAAWFM I'm sharing a layout with photos of me running the stairs at my favorite park. Being active is a big part of my daily and weekly routine, I alternate between group power classes at the gym and walking in the park. I love getting in my workout and being outside too.

Body in motion by Tena Ellison
Supplies - Patterned Paper: Simple Stories-Fabulous collection;
Alpha: American Craft;
Ink: Ranger-Tim Holtz.


There are lots of ways to celebrate National African-American Women's Fitness Month. If you live in the Landover, MD area you can participate in the 3k Fitness Fun Walk or you can check to see if there are similar events being held in your area. If not, it's a great time to maybe start your own active event with friends and family. But the BEST way to celebrate is simply by getting up and get moving...remember a body in motion, stays in motion!

How will you celebrate this month? Would love to hear all the ways you're staying active.

Quote excerpt taken from www.sheliamadiosn.com/naawfm





1 comment:

  1. Great layout and I lOVE the title. I've been on the go this month so eating a great breakfast is important to me and I get my hula hooping in!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...