Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Altered Light Switch Cover

LOL  I know you are saying "What is up with all the altering?"  Glad you asked.  My guest bedroom/scrapbook room  has got to be painted so I thought the light switch needed to be replaced. It was a gift with my sorority's emblem on it, but the ink is slowly fading away.   Mmmm... either I can go and purchase another one OR Yes the Papercrafter in me said 'Alter it'!  That brings me to todays post.
Everything was used from my stash of scraps!

I used a sheet from DCWV The Black Currant Stack

Took down my Old Light Switch

Traced the outlet and nail slots

Adhered with Tacky Tape & cut the corners to make it easy to cover.

Close ups of the hardware (clock, lock and key)


Am I the only one that alters? What have you altered lately or have on your Papercraft 'to do' list?

5 comments:

  1. Get out! That is so stinkin' cute! I could see doing that to match all kinds of decor. And your photos really show how easy it is. Awesome project -- TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say AWESOME! And you used your stash...beautifully done~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute & creative! I love to alter but sadly have altered anything in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful project. I have done mine before but with just images. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never even thought of this... but oh - what a great idea for my craft room. Thanks for the details & photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...