Monday, December 2, 2013

Blessings all Around

Gratitude does not begin and end with November or at least it should not.  It should be something we practice all year long, 365.  During this season, we are often reminded to be grateful for our blessings. We focus on friends, family, food, gift giving and time together.  However, we have that and so much more to be grateful for.

I spent the month of November creating a Gratitude Junk Journal.  This journal has been such a blessing and I will continue to create pages in it.  This journal brought me laughs, tears, smiles, moments of solitude and gratitude.  You get to view and think of things a bit differently when you actually spend some time thinking about and writing about what you are grateful for.  It's an AMAZING experience.

One thing I journaled about was being grateful for a SOLD OUT AFFAIR.  Yes, I am talking about the SOC 2014 Retreat.  I wrote: "SOC 2014 sold out! Wow! 4 months before the event. Watching my dreams unfold in so many ways is amazing.  Blood, sweat, tears! Results! Wonderful!  

The truth is there is so much more to this simple page.  Less than a year ago, after signing my name on the dotted line for the 1st retreat, promising that I would pay $$$$ whether full or not...coming up on the date and not sold out, not even meeting the minimum...I was stressed to say the least. That payment was due whether we showed up or not.  It's a place I don't want to reside or revisit.  This year...sold out before the date, with an eager waiting list, feels so much better.  I am so grateful, relieved, excited and happy!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  

So much to be grateful for this season.  While you are planning, gift wrapping and sharing time with family do not forget about those who are struggling right now, lost a loved one or are lonely.  Call a friend, spend some time with someone who needs it, share a meal or make a card to give!

Happy Holidays to you and yours.  

Be blessed and be a blessing,
Classygirl.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your sold-out 2014 Retreat. One of these days I hope to be able to join you. You bring so much joy to everything you do that being successful can only be a natural transition. I wish you continued success in all that you do! And... one of these days, I will turn the book that I got at Good Will specifically for this purpose, into an art journal.... one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Faith Journey! It's a beautiful journal. It will be my first retreat and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...