Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Tag!

Happy day after St. Patrick's Day!


I'm sure Mother Nature has her reasons, but up here in Ontario (Canada) we just went from being part of a "polar vortex" consisting of blizzards and crazy winter weather, to having above normal temperatures, and then going back to polar vortex craziness!

In times like these, it's difficult to think about seeing Spring anytime soon, so instead, I'm here with a St. Patrick's day themed tag!


The supplies I used were:
  • Graphic 45 "Place In Time" designer paper
  • Graphic 45 "Place In Time" chipboard embellishments
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Seedless Preserves
  • Ranger Inksentials "Glossy Accents"
  • Scotch "Quick Dry Adhesive"
  • Copic "Spica Glitter Pens" 
  • Things from my stash:
    • Seam Binding
    • Lace Trims
    • Wooden Key embellishment 
    • Wooden #8 tag (6 1/4" x 3 1/8")
    • Foam 3D double-sided adhesive tape

FRONT of tag


To create the background on the front of the tag, I first cut a piece of the March foundation papers from the Graphic 45 "Place in Time" paper collection. I used the bottom right hand corner of the foundation page.
 Then I cut out a bunch of pieces from the March cut-apart page from the Graphic 45 "Place In Time" paper collection.
I layered the "St. Patrick's Day Greeting" tag from the cut apart sheet, on to the "March list" cut apart to give my tag a "title". I added seam binding to the tag before adhering it to the tag with some foam 3D adhesive.
I then added the chipboard flower layered over the tag with more foam 3D adhesive, and also added glossy accents to the centre of the flower.

In order to prevent the swirls on the background from getting too "lost" in the background, I decided to go over them with my gold Copic Spica pen to add shimmer to them. At the same time, I used my silver Spica pen to go around the edges of the flowers and shamrocks on the background for added effect.
I also decided to add some adhesive flat back pearls to the swirls to mimic round spots that were part of the swirl flourish.
At the bottom of the tag, I added a wooden key to add interest and at the very top of the tag, I added some narrow lace trim from my stash for added texture!

NB: I inked all paper and chipboard pieces in Tim Holtz distress ink "Seedless Preserves".

BACK of tag
 

I kept the back of the tag much simpler since I'm not yet sure how the tag will be used.

Using the leftovers from the March foundation page, I cut out two pieces that had the page border on them, and used them to add a border to the top and bottom of the back of the tag.
I used one of the cut-apart images from the aforementioned cut-apart sheet as the main image on the back of the tag and I added a chipboard tag to the bottom, which is where I will be writing my name and date. 



I added seam binding the chipboard tag before adhering it with hot glue to the tag.



Don't let the weather get you down!
It's National Craft Month, so use your stash and get creating!

I would love to see your seasonal tag creations and invite you to post a link to them in the comments below!!

Inspiration is all around us and I hope I've provided you with some today!

Happy Crafting!

Krafty Kerry signing off!
Kerry's Cool Creations

5 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...