Thursday, July 10, 2014

Love Is In The Air

When the summer months hit weddings pop up all over the place. In the spirit of love I created this fun Pop Up Congrats card.

Here is the finished card. Follow along to see how I put it together.....

 Cut your base piece of card stock at 4 1/4 x 11 inches. 

Score the base at 5 3/8 and 5 5/8 inches.

 Cut your inside piece of card stock at 4 x 11 inches. 

Score the inside piece of card stock at 4 1/2, 5, 5 1/2, 6 and 6 1/2 inches. 

 Fold the score lines making a mountain valley fold. 

 Place 2 pieces of sticky tape on the inside flap of the mountain. 

Cut a piece of an actetate sheet. You can also use a piece of hard plastic. I cut it into one 1/2 inch piece and two 1/4 inch pieces. 

I worked on stamping images that I was interested in using. I tend to stamp more than one just in case I mess up stamping or fussy cutting the item. I used copics to color the flower arrangement. I used the ink from the top of the ink pad and my water brush to shade in the bells. 

I placed the acetate strips in the mountain against the sticky tape and added my pop up pieces. I cut off the excess acetate. I embellished the wedding cake with adhesive rhinestones. 

In order to adhere the inside piece to the card base I put sticky tape around all four edges. I slowly adhered each side making sure the bottom mountain and valley was sitting in 
between the score lines completed in step 2. 


 Here is a close up of the inside of the card. Once you adhere the inside you have empty white space at the top and bottom. I added CTMH gold polka dot vellum which I had from a special paper pack. I cut a piece of card stock to adhere to the inside and made a designer edge using my Martha Stewart punch.

 To put together the cover of the card I cut a piece of card stock and dry embossed using my CTMH embossing folder ran through my Big Shot. 
 I decided to heat emboss my "Congratulations" sentiment. I used Versamark and stamped the sentiment. 

 I sprinkled the gold embossing powder over the Versamark'd image and used the heat gun to set it. 

The sentiment was so pretty and shiny after the heat gun worked its magic!!

I placed a piece of gold polka dot vellum at the bottom of the card. I lined the vellum with bronze shimmer trim. I added my stamped sentiment to the front and did some faux stiching. I added a bow from the CTMH Ariana Assortment and a heart that says "Love" from the CTMH base and bling collection. 

I hope you enjoy and try to make a pop up card to brighten someone's day. Let your imagination take you there with the varying items you can use to pop up :-)

Ingredients: CTMH white daisy card stock, vineyard berry card stock, black ink, whisper ink, vineyard berry ink, water brush, bronze shimmer trim, Ariana Assortment, Gold embossing powder, The Happy Couple stamp set, gold polka dot vellum (special), Martha Stewart Punch, Recollections adhesive rhinestones, Copics - R29, BV01, Y15, YG63 and YG06, black journaling pen, Versamark, CTMH base and bling jewel, CTMH heat gun, CTMH embossing folder, Big Shot, sticky tape and acetate paper. 

8 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...