Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pretty Lucky!


 
I am an admitted monthly kit club addict!  It’s not as bad as it was during the height of my addition, but I still get a few each month.  I love getting happy mail!

Around this time of year, at least one of them will feature a very St. Patrick’s Day-themed page kit.  We don’t usually do anything or go anywhere special, so I’m always looking for ways to use this very specific paper and embellishments.

This year, I’m taking another crack at it with some vacation photos.  I took some candid shots of some of the people we saw on one of the Marquesas Islands.  We went on a 4x4 tour of the island and I was really struck by not just the beauty of the island, but the friendliness and genuine happiness of everyone we met.  

Being on an island in the South Pacific means that they are living a simpler life than you or I, but that simplicity may just be the key to the wonderful mood of everyone we met.  I think they’re the lucky ones!

So, I took two of the candid photos and decided to focus on the idea of “lucky” and use my St. Patrick’s Day kit to try to highlight that. The top photo is a farmer collecting the coconut shell used for firewood who stopped to wave at our caravan and the second is a father and daughter on their horses who waved when they rode by.


 




Pretty Lucky by Moanica Caston.  Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper, journaling tag and cardstock sticker: Echo Park Paper Co.; Dimensional Stickers and crystal shamrock: Recollections;  Letter alphas: American Crafts Thickers.


One of my favorite things on this page is that I cut a rainbow cardstock sticker in half and was able to use it in two different places on the page.  I also found a perfect layout to use those sparkly, glittery alpha stickers that I ordered some time ago and have been waiting to use. 

I hope you think about ways you feel “lucky” and make a card or layout to celebrate that sometime this month!
Happy Crafting!
Moanica

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to take themed paper and use it for something different. Cute layout, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, the papers work perfect for your vacation pics, love how you split the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...