Friday, February 27, 2015

Love bugs card

Hi Everybody,

Over the years I have learned that I suffer from what I call PPS-Project Perfection Syndrome.  You know where everything that I make has to be just perfect; the exact way I envisioned it or it's not good.

Well today I am sharing this project with hopes that it will inspire you.  I know V-day has come and gone but I really felt the need to share it with you all.  I had a hard time this year finding just a few moments to create a card for my Hubs from our daughter and one from me. It wasn't until early that morning while the two were asleep that I was able to take 30 minutes and create cards for him.

I use 2 different Studio G stamp sets and created two cards with them. Neither one is perfect but it just works somehow.

From our daughter: I started to do just a simple card with just the bugs and the sentiment, but after I colored then in with my copies the card still needed something. So I took a heart stamp and stamped in the corners. I started to do all four but thought two was enough and didn't want to turn the hearts upside down. So i thought  I would draw a border using my copies and that when the mess was made. THe lines are crooked and uneven but the idea of this coming from a 7mo old, somehow it works.




From me: I had these great elaborate plans to use this stamp, mask it off, emboss some of the hearts in red and stamp one rest in grey. Nothing went right, lol.  The only thing that was right was the sketch I used for the card.



I started not to give the cards to hubs but changed my mind. These cards reflect the last 7 months with our daughter and the last 7yrs of marriage. We have made mistakes and there have been challenges but through it all we overcame with love. Actually hubs said these were his favorite v-day cards.

So the moral of the story is just because things don't work out Perfectly doesn't mean that it's not perfect. And take a look in your stash and see what you can do with 30 min. The sets that I used I have had for years and never used them. But I am really pleased with how they came out.

Later,

Kelli

4 comments:

  1. Great story! Cute cards. Thanks for inspiration and my dose of PPS antibiotics. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards. I keep a sign on my desk which read “Perfection is Highly Overrated” and the way I feel about crafting. Thanks for sharing and hopefully this will encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards, tfs the story behind the cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you for sharing your story, Kelli, and reminding us that "perfection" isn't the goal. Our crafting, like our lives, should be about celebrating those milestones and being appreciative of the important people in our lives. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...