Saturday, August 13, 2011

Super Summer Digi Fun!

I hope everyone has been having a fun and creative summer. Or atleast I hope everyone has been taking great summer fun photos, to scrap this fall. With all of the superhero movies that have been in the theatres this summer, I was inspired to create a comic style digital layout. Here is a photo that I took early in the summer of one my favorite little characters. The idea here was to create a layout without using any background papers, in other words the photo is the background. By adjusting the contrast of the photo, applying a series of filters and adding some comic book style text I was able to create this fun layout. I learned the technique by applying the steps in this tutorial, but I added a few extra elements like the sunburst in the background and grain texture.

Just for my SOC fam, I've attached a comic-style frame with the sunburst background just in case anyone else is in a "SUPER" mood.






1 comment:

  1. Love the comic book style background and thanks for sharing it, have my copy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...