Saturday, July 13, 2013

Inspiration Everywhere

Happy Saturday!  As many of us have heard many times before, inspiration is all around us.  That sounds like a wonderful concept...until you sit down to create a project and realize you are experiencing "scrapper's block."  How do you find inspiration when you are stuck?  One simple solution is to open up a magazine.  When you think about it, magazines are FULL of layouts.  If you think about it in scrapbooking terms, a magazine can be a book of sketches!  Here's how I took a magazine layout and converted it into a digi-layout.

First, I found a magazine layout that I thought would work well as a scrapbook layout.  Tip: Search for layouts that have distinctly shaped photos as opposed to layouts where the image floods the entire background (although that might be a cool idea also).

 










Next, I created a sketch in Photoshop.  If you choose not to work in a digital program, you can also draft a magazine-inspired sketch with good old-fashioned pencil and paper.  (Download this sketch for free.  Just right click and save.)

Here is my completed layout!  I really like how it came out and I will definitely use this technique again.  Give it a try!

Inspiration Magazine Layout Source: www.dbadesign.com.au

14 comments:

  1. Great idea, Aysha, I will try this! Beautiful LO, I love that psychedelic paper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the sketch. Love the layout. Love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm inspired....I'll put this on my 'Craft To Do' list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! TFS
    Beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for the picture layout as my first page in my cruise album. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea, great layout...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aysha, as always, you have the best tips. Love the layout & journaling and will definitely use the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout and inspiration. When did you start going digital?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this layout! I am all about using sketches. Thank you for the freebie.

      Delete
    2. I dabble in digi. But since I'm a graphic designer, why not put some of that to use. LOL!

      Delete
  9. I really need to go on a big boat ride. LOL, I love this and the colors. TFP

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...