Monday, February 23, 2015

Baby It's Cold Outside!



I live in the Deep South and while we have not had the massive snow storms that a lot of you are dealing with, we have had record breaking cold here.  I am officially over it and cannot wait until spring comes.  In an effort to bring a little sunshine into this blistery cold we are experiencing, I decided to try something new and make this Butterfly 3-D card file that I bought from the silhouette store.  Since it is a Lori Whitlock file, you can also purchase it from her website in SVG format. 



This is a layered card which folds flat to fit into a 5 x 7 card envelope, but opens out to a 3-D card. To make this card, start by cutting out all of the pieces of the card on heavyweight cardstock.  Ms. Whitlock recommends 100# cardstock.  I found this cardstock at a big box store for a reasonable price.



I highly recommend watching the assembly instruction video which can be found on her You Tube channel and is linked from the silhouette store.  Once you have watched the video, make all the folds as instructed.


Using a strong adhesive, glue all pieces together as instructed.  In hindsight, I wish I had used my ATG gun as the video used.  I used my standard glue for 3-D projects, which is Scotch adhesive.  This then required that I wait between each step to make sure the parts were dry before moving on.




As you can see, the card lays flat to be placed into an envelope.  It then opens out when the recipient takes it out of the envelope and makes a nice 3-D decoration.  


This is a quick, easy to assemble project that will brighten someone’s day.  What projects are you making to help warm up from the cold?

5 comments:

  1. I like it. Can I see it on You tube? for instructions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find the tutorial on her You Tube channel.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, love it; happy to see you sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...