Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy Veterans Day!

Wow I can't believe how fast this year is going.  We have already fallen into November, gained an hour and I'm still trying to catch up. lol We're in the midst of the holiday season, but I wanted to first pay tribute to our Veterans. It's a Time for Remembrance!  To all U.S. military veterans who served  our country whether active or retired...We salute YOU!  I wanted to get my hands dirty and get involved in a project that would identify with the Awesome job our veterans do.  It's a canvas project.  I love my Red, White and Blue!
 
 This is a close up of the soldier praying.......Just heartwarming. 
 
 Wanted to show the paint applied to the hemp cord attached to the metal letters.

Recipe: 
Michaels Canvas
Robert Jackson - digital image
Bic Mark it markers
Tattered Angels glimmer mist
Americana acrylic paint
The Craft Lounge sparkly fluff
Making Memories metal letters
Provo Craft stickers
Crystal stickers bling
Easy Beads hemp cord
K & Company  die cuts
Tim Holtz ticket
Buttons from my stash

Hey if you are a Veteran leave your name and let us know what field you serve or have served so we may salute you!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great project, lots of detail; tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina S. - Air Force during Desert Shield/Storm (Veteran)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We salute you Gina S! Thank you for serving our country AND sharing your creative gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and acknowledgement to our troops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, thanks for remembering our veterans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly loving all of the details and the collage effect on this card. What a beautiful salute to our veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card, I love that the stamp is of a lady soldier.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...